Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ranger Saddles

Two posts in one day! How exciting!
Today I finally made myself sit down and start working on actual tack. My cosplay blog has been getting all the love lately as I'm trying to get a few projects ready for a convention in March...but tack must also be made!

As it happens, I have had five Ranger saddles (aka Scrap Leather Saddles) in my project box for quite a while. They were pretty close to finished...


But still required a lot of time-consuming gluing


Aside from cinches, I got the two black ones finished. 
I'm using a different saddle horn than I used to, but it's a bit faster and tidier than the method I had before. I've started to simply make a small hole in a strip of leather, and use a black bead as the horn, pushing one end through the hole. It looks odd but it's effective, and cuts down the time and frustration.
These saddles will be for sale as soon as they are completed.


2 comments:

  1. Love it! How do you plan on selling them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually sell these via eBay (less drama if I sell through them, but ugh the fees!). I will make sales posts here when things are ready to go to new homes, and then if I don't get any interest, I'll probably post to eBay.

      Delete