Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Best $4 I Ever Spent

I'm one of those weird people that goes into pet stores when I don't have pets. Or house improvement stores when I don't have a house (I have an apartment and it's against the rules to improve it). I am always looking for things that can be repurposed for miniatures.

I found something at Petco. Pet stores often have little cage ornaments and things that can be used for dollhouse embellishments, but often they are pretty expensive. I feel pretty lucky and happy to have found this for $4 and change!

It's just a bunch of sticks stuck together with wires. But it's amazingly versatile, and just the right size...
The wires not only keep the sticks together, they allow them to be curved...
It can take the weight of a Breyer horse! (or in this case, a Peter Stone)
It's a great bridge, and it could be a ramp, a raft, even a jump or a fence!
So many possibilities...my imagination is just going crazy imagining scenarios.
I don't live show, but if I did, this seems like it would be a great performance prop!

5 comments:

  1. I have the same bridge for my guinea pig! I wish I would have thought of using it for that before I put it in the cage. Now she has teeth marks all over it. It looks just like the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yeah, it does look very realistic! I'm pretty impressed that it happens to be the right size and also strong enough to hold up a model.

      Delete
    2. Well it can't hold up a guinea pig. Smore (the guinea pig) will jump up on it and then it will start sliding. I doesn't help that she's really fat.☺

      Delete
  2. Yeah. We have two guinea pigs. They both have the log thing and we shaped it into a tunnel. My guinea pig (Smore) has teeth marks all around the tunnel, but pebbles (the other guinea pig) doesn't bother using it.☺

    ReplyDelete